Date(s) - 27/05/2017 - 28/05/2017
The Edinburgh Marathon Festival weekend on 27 and 28 May promises to be the best one yet with a classic 26.2 mile race as well as a Marathon Team Relay, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and two popular junior races.
The Teenage Cancer Trust have listed their top five reasons you should join the TCT team:
1) You’ll help young people with cancer. Even just £20 goes a long way; it could provide an hour of tailored support by a Teenage Cancer Trust Youth Support Coordinator. These skilled staff keep young people active, encourage them to socialise and share experiences, and in this way help them gain some control over their illness.
2) You’ll receive an exclusive Teenage Cancer Trust running top. These are made of technical fabric so are perfect for training and race day. Plus, you’ll look super cool.
3) You’ll have free access to our incredible training zone. Here you’ll find training plans not just for running, but also cycling, swimming and trekking. With plans for all levels of abilities and access to Q&As with personal trainers, it’s a zone you’ll probably spend a lot of time in!
4) You’ll get all the fundraising help you need to reach your goal. We can provide you with the tools you need to quickly and easily raise money, as well as provide local support and give you advice if you choose to share your story in the media.
5) You can talk to us. Any questions you have about fundraising, training, the event or our services, just shout. We’re here to support you.
Full Marathon – £20 registration fee and £500 minimum sponsorship
Half Marathon – £15 registration fee and £250 minimum sponsorship
Team Relay – £15 registration fee and £600 minimum sponsorship
10k – £15 registration fee and £150 minimum sponsorship
For more information visit Teenage Cancer Trust’s website.