Frequently Asked Questions

Personal Dispute: Can the neighbour block my access?

January 1st 2021

This will depend upon the facts of the case and a thorough review of your title deeds will be required before being in a position to advise. Once, if the neighbour does block your access then we can advise you on possibly obtaining an injunction but this will depend on the facts of the case. It may be necessary to act promptly, so take advice as soon as possible. For…

Debt Recovery: My partner is being made bankrupt – does that affect our house or my own assets?

January 1st 2021

The precise answer to this will depend on the detail. A share of jointly owned assets can form part of a bankrupt estate – but the ability to enforce against that asset has restrictions. Similarly, a Trustee in Bankruptcy can review historic transactions of a Bankrupt person to reclaim assets into a bankrupt estate. You should take advice on your own specific circumstances, especially if there is any claim threatened…

Personal Dispute: What can I do to prevent the neighbour carrying out works on the boundary line? / Can I work on the boundary line?

January 1st 2021

There is a law known as the “Party Wall Act” which sets out a procedure for carrying out certain works at or near to a boundary. A surveyor can advise you if the Act is likely to apply – if so, it is important to comply with it. It makes sure a mechanism for how works are to be carried out is recorded, thus avoiding the scope for a dispute…

Personal Injury: How do I fund my claim?

January 1st 2021

We will advise you on all funding options that may be available to include no win, no fee funding (Conditional Fee Agreement) and legal expenses insurance funding where available.  For more FAQs see here

Debt Recovery: I want to wind-up my limited company. How do I do this and what are the potential personal consequences?

January 1st 2021

The legal process to wind up a limited company may seem as a straight-forward technical process. However, the consequences should always be reviewed – have you give any personal guarantees; and what are your financial interests in the company? At the same time, it is an offence to continue to trade a company which is insolvent. Your accountants can best advise if this threshold is met. For more FAQs see…

Property: What is the different between Leasehold and Freehold properties?

January 1st 2021

Ownership of leasehold property is determined by the Lease entered into between the Landlord and the Tenant.   It means that the freeholder owns the ground and sometimes the structural parts of the building and the tenant owns the internal parts of the relevant property but sometimes the tenant does have responsibilities regarding repair and maintenance. For more FAQs see here

We'll call you...
This site uses cookies.
ConfigureHide Options
Read our privacy policy

This site uses cookies for marketing, personalisation, and analysis purposes. You can opt out of this at any time or view our full privacy policy for more information.