EU Import & Export Changes Grant Funded Training WorkshopsAugust 7th 2020
Cartmell Shepherd Solicitors are happy to be able to offer the EU Import & Export Changes training to our Business Clients through our membership with the UK200group.
Brit Exit – Did you know ….
- Currently most imports from the EU cross the borders without need for official paperwork
- When we leave the EU (31/12/2020) the import and export of goods rules will change
- As of 31/12/2020 an import/export entry will have to be made to HMRC and customs duty may need to be paid either at the UK or EU border
- The UK Government expect that 50,000 extra people will be needed to deal with completing import/export entries
How could this impact my business?
If your goods arrive at EU borders with incorrect paperwork you could see:
- Your goods held up at the point of import/export
- Errors resulting in duty being over or under paid
- Investigations by HMRC once either the import/export declaration has been completed
- Penalties imposed for incorrect declarations
How we can help?
Cartmell Shepherd are offering this EU Import & Export Changes training to our business clients through our membership with UK200Group
- Grant funded Virtual Training Workshops
- Bespoke training tailored to your business and industry requirements
- Small group training sessions of no more than 4-5 people
- The training is fully funded by a grant and will not cost you a penny
- Even while staff are furloughed, they can still train
- The training is done by a fully accredited Customs training provider
- The experienced trainers have both advised on indirect tax matters for over 30 years including time spent as a Customs Duty trainer for HMRC
Did you know?
- It is estimated that 500,000 additional custom entries could be made per day due to these changes?
- Asking a third party to complete these entries for you could cost you in excess of £50 per entry
…Access the grant funded training pot before its empty…
The workshop will cover the following areas (but is not limited to):
- Tariff codes
- Custom procedure codes
- Valuation of goods – including freight and insurance cost
- Duty charges on imports/exports
- Export entries
- Reverse charge of import VAT
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures
- Moving goods between companies in the same group but in different countries
- Applying for a Binding Tariff Information decision
- Setting up customs warehouse
- Business responsibilities relating to Imports and Exports
- Customs relief and preferences
- Customs Legislation
- Customs guarantees and deferment accounts